"…an excellent option to ensure that the campsite has power…" - Popular Science
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Boulder Solar Panels waterproof?
Yes. The Boulders are designed to withstand the elements, so they’re great for permanent and semi-permanent installations. What you’re recharging from the Boulders is what needs to stay dry, so keep those power banks and power stations covered up and protected from the dust, rain, and snow.
Can I chain my Boulders?
To chain two or three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, plug the blue-ringed 8mm Connector from one panel into the input connector or input port of the next panel, using the charging cable from the final panel to connect to your Goal Zero Yeti or Sherpa. If you’re chaining more than three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, or any configuration over 150W, you will need to purchase the 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable. When chaining the Boulder 100 or Boulder 100 Briefcase panels you will need to purchase the 4x 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable.
To chain multiple Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Panels together with HPP connections, you’ll need to purchase the 4x High Power Port Combiner to High Power Port Connector (SKU 98061) from Goal Zero.
What can I charge directly from the Boulder Solar Panels?
All of our Boulder Solar Panels are designed to charge Sherpa Power Banks and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Stations. If you’re looking to recharge things like headlamps, phones, and other USB devices, check out our foldable Nomad Solar Panels.
- High Power Port: 14-22V, up to 14A (200W max)
- Solar Input Port (High Power Port): 14-23V, up to 14A
- Fuse: 25A replaceable
- Product SKU: 44220
- Weight: 44.45 lbs (20.16 kg)
- Dimensions (folded): 40 x 26.75 x 3.5 in (101.6 x 70 x 8.9 cm)
- Dimensions (unfolded): 40 x 53.5 x 1.75 in (101.6 x 140 x 4.4 cm)
- Cable Length:
- Spade to HPP: 3Ft
- Spade to SAE: 15Ft
- SAE to Ring: 23in
- SAE to Alligator: 29in
- Warranty: 24 Months
- Charge Controller: PWM
- Rated solar panel amps GZ-10: 20A
- Normal input solar cell array voltage: 15-22V
- Max solar cell array voltage (output has no load): 25V
- Lowest operating voltage at solar or battery side: 8V Minimum
- Charging Characteristics:
- Start Voltage at 25°C: 3-10V
- Charge Voltage at 25°C:
- LTO battery: 14.0V
- Gel battery: 14.1V
- LiFePO4 battery: 14.4V
- Charge Voltage at 25°C: AGM battery-14.4V
- WET battery: 14.7V
- Calcium battery: 14.9V
- Equalizing Voltage at 25°C: WET or Calcium battery-15.5V
- Float Voltage at 25°C:
- Gel, AGM, WET, Calcium batteries-13.6V
- LTO and LiFePO4 batteries-13.4V
- Battery temperature compensation coefficient: -24mV/°C
- Rated Power: 200 Watts
- Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21.8V
- Maximum Power Point Voltage (Vmpp): 18.1V
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline