"Goal Zero might just be the name in portable solar power for campers." - Men's Health
BOULDER 100 BRIEFCASE HIGHLIGHTS
- 100 total Watts - two 50-Watt panels (14-21.5V) chained together and connected by a hinge.
- Built with strong tempered glass and an aluminum frame with added corner protection.
- Included is a protective canvas bag for easy transport and carrying.
RECOMMENDED YETI PAIRINGS
Solar charge times vary and are dependent on many factors such as elevation, temperature, time of year, angle and position to the sun.
Tips & Tricks for using solar panels
- The solar panel does not hold a charge - it only produces power when it is exposed to sunlight and connected to a power station or bank.
- Optimize solar panel efficiency by positioning them south-facing at a 45-degree angle.
- For faster recharging, use multiple solar panels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Boulder Solar Panels waterproof?
Yes. The Boulders are designed to withstand the elements, so they’re great for permanent and semi-permanent installations. What you’re recharging from the Boulders is what needs to stay dry, so keep those power banks and power stations covered up and protected from the dust, rain, and snow.
Can I chain my Boulders?
To chain two or three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, plug the blue-ringed 8mm Connector from one panel into the input connector or input port of the next panel, using the charging cable from the final panel to connect to your Goal Zero Yeti or Sherpa. If you’re chaining more than three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, or any configuration over 150W, you will need to purchase the 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable. When chaining the Boulder 100 or Boulder 100 Briefcase panels you will need to purchase the 4x 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable. To chain multiple Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Panels together with HPP connections, you’ll need to purchase the 4x High Power Port Combiner to High Power Port Connector (SKU 98061) from Goal Zero.
What can I charge directly from the Boulder Solar Panels?
All of our Boulder Solar Panels are designed to charge Sherpa Power Banks and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Stations. If you’re looking to recharge things like headlamps, phones, and other USB devices, check out our foldable Nomad Solar Panels.
- Yeti 200X: 2-4 Hours
- Yeti 400: 6-12 Hours
- Yeti 400 Lithium: 7-14 Hours
- Yeti 500X: 6-12 Hours
- Yeti 1000 Lithium: 16-32 Hours
- Yeti 1400 Lithium: 22-44 Hours
- Yeti 1000X: 12-24 hours
- Yeti 1500X: 18-36 Hours
- Yeti 3000 Lithium: 36-72 Hours
- Yeti 3000X: 36-72 Hours
- Product SKU: 32408
- Weight: 25.9 lbs (11.7 kg)
- Dimensions (folded): 26.75 x 21.75 x 3.75 in (70 x 55.2 x 8.9 cm)
- Dimensions (unfolded): 26.75 x 43.5 x 1.75 in (70 x 110.4 x 4.4 cm)
- Cable Length: 6 ft.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Solar Port (blue, 8mm): 14-21.5V, up to 7A (100W max)
- Rated Power: 100 Watts
- Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21.5V
- Maximum Power Point Voltage (Vmpp): 17.2V
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline