How will you use your yeti?
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of battery is in my Goal Zero Yeti?
Your Goal Zero Yeti uses custom designed Lithium Ion. Here are some basic facts about Lithium Ion batteries: 1. Lithium Ion batteries can store and release a lot of energy in a short period of time. The batteries in your Goal Zero Yeti are in a protective enclosure with a sophisticated battery management and protection system controlling its terminals to the outside world. 2. It is critical that your battery does not get wet as moisture and water can get into the battery cells behind the protection circuitry and bypass that protection.
Why is the light on the AC button blinking?
A blinking light on the AC button indicates that at the current load, the AC inverter will be shutting off soon; you should also see RESERVE MODE blinking on the display. Recharge your Goal Zero Yeti as soon as possible to continue powering your device. Once the AC inverter has shut off, the Yeti will attempt to reset itself three times. After three attempts, the AC inverter will remain off until you physically reset it by pushing the AC button or by recharging the battery a small amount.
Why is the light on the 12V button blinking?
A blinking light on the 12V button indicates the 12V car port has been shut off to protect whatever you have plugged in; you should also see RESERVE MODE blinking on the display. Recharge your Goal Zero Yeti as soon as possible to continue powering your device.
- Wall Charger (5A): 7 hours
- Nomad 20: 31-62 Hours
- Nomad 50: 12-24 Hours
- Boulder 50: 12-24 Hours
- Boulder 100: 6-12 Hours
- Boulder 100 Briefcase: 6-12 Hours
- Nomad 100: 6-12 Hours
- Boulder 200 Briefcase: 4-6 Hours (NOTE: Connecting the Yeti 400 Lithium to the Boulder 200 Briefcase requires an High Power Port to 8mm Connector cable)
- Product SKU: 38000
- Chainable: No
- Weight: 16.3 lbs (7.4 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 11.25 x 7.0 in (19.0 x 28.6 x 17.7 cm)
- Operating Usage Temp: 32-104F (0-40C)
- Warranty: 24 Months
- USB port (output): 5V, up to 2.4A (12W max), regulated
- 6mm port (output, 6mm): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
- 12V car port (output): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
- AC inverter (output, pure sine wave): 120VAC 60Hz, 2.5A (300W continuous, 1200W surge max)
- Charging port (input, 8mm): 14-22V, up to 10A (120W max)
- Cell Chemistry: Li-ion NMC
- Peak Capacity: 428Wh (10.8V, 39.6Ah)
- Lifecycles: 500 cycles to 80% (discharge rate: 1C, full charge/discharge, Temp 25C)
- Shelf-life: Keep plugged in, or charge every 3-6 months
- Management system: PWM charge controller, low battery protection