"Portable solar panels can also relieve some uncertainty in the wake of a blackout." - Popular Science
BOULDER 50 HIGHLIGHTS
- 50-Watt (14-22V) panel features integrated kickstand providing optimal angle placement.
- Built with strong tempered glass and an aluminum frame with added corner protection.
RECOMMENDED YETI PAIRINGS
Solar charge times vary and are dependent on many factors such as elevation, temperature, time of year, angle and position to the sun.
Yeti 150: Charges in 5-10 Hours
Yeti 200X: Charges in 5-10 Hours
Yeti 400: Charges in 12-24 Hours
Yeti 500X: Charges in 12-24 Hours
Yeti 1000X: Charges in 23-46 Hours
Tips & Tricks for using solar panels
- The solar panel does not hold a charge - it only produces power when it is exposed to sunlight and connected to a power station or bank.
- Optimize solar panel efficiency by positioning them south-facing at a 45-degree angle.
- For faster recharging, use multiple solar panels.
Frequently bought together
8mm Input 15 ft. Extension Cable
New Lower Price
Small Boulder Travel Case
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Boulder Solar Panels waterproof?
Yes. The Boulders are designed to withstand the elements, so they’re great for permanent and semi-permanent installations. What you’re recharging from the Boulders is what needs to stay dry, so keep those power banks and power stations covered up and protected from the dust, rain, and snow.
Can I chain my Boulders?
To chain two or three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, plug the blue-ringed 8mm Connector from one panel into the input connector or input port of the next panel, using the charging cable from the final panel to connect to your Goal Zero Yeti or Sherpa. If you’re chaining more than three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, or any configuration over 150W, you will need to purchase the 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable. When chaining the Boulder 100 or Boulder 100 Briefcase panels you will need to purchase the 4x 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable.
To chain multiple Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Panels together with HPP connections, you’ll need to purchase the 4x High Power Port Combiner to High Power Port Connector (SKU 98061) from Goal Zero.
Can I mount the Boulder Solar Panels to my roof?
Yes, for mountable Boulder panels, take a look at the Boulder 50 and 100 Solar Panels. The Boulder Briefcases are not designed to be mounted permanently to a fixture; this briefcase fold-and-go style allows you to be more portable.
- Yeti 150: 5-10 Hours
- Yeti 200X: 5-10 Hours
- Yeti 400: 12-24 Hours
- Yeti 400 Lithium: 12-24 Hours
- Yeti 500X: 12-24 Hours
- Yeti 1000 Lithium: 31-62 Hours
- Yeti 1000X: 23-46 Hours
- Yeti 1400 Lithium: 43-86 Hours
- Yeti 1500X: 18-36 Hours
- Product SKU: 32406
- Chainable: up to 150 Watts
- Weight: 12.4 lbs (5.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 21.75 x 26.75 x 1.75 in. (55.2 x 70 x 4.4 cm)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Solar port (blue, 8mm) output: 14-22V, up to 3.5A (50W max)
- Solar port (blue, 8mm) input chaining: up to 150W total
- Rated Power: 50 Watts
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-20V
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline