"The Goal Zero Boulder 200-Watt Solar Panels is an excellent option to ensure that the campsite has power for the emergency radio, mobile device, electric camp stoves, and any other items that users take with them camping." - Popular Science
BOULDER 200 BRIEFCASE HIGHLIGHTS
- 200 total Watts - two 100-Watt panels (14-21.8V) chained together and connected by a hinge.
- Built with strong tempered glass and an aluminum frame with added corner protection.
- Included is a protective canvas bag for easy transport and carrying.
WHAT CAN THE BOULDER 200 BRIEFCASE CHARGE?
The solar panel does not hold a charge - it produces power when it is exposed to sunlight. Connect it to recharge a portable power station. The Boulder 200 Briefcase is best used for recharging Goal Zero Yetis.
RECOMMENDED YETI PAIRINGS
Solar charge times vary and are dependent on many factors such as elevation, temperature, time of year, angle and position to the sun.
Tips & Tricks for using solar panels
- The solar panel does not hold a charge - it produces power when it is exposed to sunlight.
- Place solar panels towards the sun at an angle.
- Connect High Power Power to Yeti Power Station.
- Adjust solar panel as the sun moves across the sky.
"Goal Zero might just be the name in portable solar power for campers". -Men's Health
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Boulder Solar Panels waterproof?
Yes. The Boulders are designed to withstand the elements, so they’re great for permanent and semi-permanent installations. What you’re recharging from the Boulders is what needs to stay dry, so keep those power banks and power stations covered up and protected from the dust, rain, and snow.
Can I chain my Boulders?
To chain two or three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, plug the blue-ringed 8mm Connector from one panel into the input connector or input port of the next panel, using the charging cable from the final panel to connect to your Goal Zero Yeti or Sherpa. If you’re chaining more than three Boulder 50 Solar Panels together, or any configuration over 150W, you will need to purchase the 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable. When chaining the Boulder 100 or Boulder 100 Briefcase panels you will need to purchase the 4x 8mm to HPP Combiner Cable. To chain multiple Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Panels together with HPP connections, you’ll need to purchase the 4x High Power Port Combiner to High Power Port Connector (SKU 98061) from Goal Zero.
What can I charge directly from the Boulder Solar Panels?
All of our Boulder Solar Panels are designed to charge Sherpa Power Banks and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Stations. If you’re looking to recharge things like headlamps, phones, and other USB devices, check out our foldable Nomad Solar Panels.
- Yeti 400: 3-6 Hours*
- Yeti 400 Lithium: 4-7 Hours*
- Yeti 500X: 3-6 Hours*
- Yeti 1000 Lithium: 8-16 Hours
- Yeti 1000X: 6-12 Hours
- Yeti 1400 Lithium: 11-22 Hours
- Yeti 1500X: 9-18 Hours
- Yeti 3000 Lithium: 18-36 Hours
- Yeti 3000X: 18-36 Hours
- Yeti 6000X: 35-70 Hours
- Product SKU: 32409
- Weight: 42 lbs (19 kg)
- Dimensions (folded): 40 x 26.75 x 3.5 in (101.6 x 70 x 8.9 cm)
- Dimensions (unfolded): 40 x 53.5 x 1.75 in (101.6 x 140 x 4.4 cm)
- Cable Length: 6ft
- Warranty: 2 Years
- High Power Port: 14-22V, up to 14A (200W max)
- Rated Power: 200 Watts
- Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21.8V
- Maximum Power Point Voltage (Vmpp): 18.1V
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline