Tough, durable solar you can carry with you or keep in one place. Our Portable Solar Panels are made to collect more power when and where you need it, and move elsewhere when you don't.
Boulder Briefcase Features
- Durable, waterproof construction made from lightweight aluminum and rugged tempered glass, it's designed to be portable enough to go where you need it, and tough enough to handle the elements.
- Adjustable kickstands allow for easy positioning, and built-in handle and carrying case make it easy to transport and store.
- Ideal for any off-grid scenario, whether you're boon-docking, camping, or needing panels for your home backup power.
Nomad Solar Panels
Foldable and Packable
Lightweight and highly portable, ideal for collecting power from the sun when you are on the go. Features removeable kickstand with zippered pocket.
Recharge your phones and devices right from the sun by plugging directly into your panel or pair with a power bank to store power for later.
Nomad Solar Panels are more pricey per Watt. Patent-pending intelligent charging technology and ultimate portability result in higher overall cost of the panel.
Boulder Solar Panels
Rugged and Rigid
Strong tempered glass and an aluminum frame, ideal for temporary or permanent installation when portability is not an issue.
Pair with our largest portable power stations to connect and store big power for off-grid living, whether in a cabin or a camper.
Boulder Solar Panels are not as expensive per Watt. Heavier weight and less portability result in lower overall cost of the panel.
We took solar power from stationary to portable, from rooftops to backpacks. Powering your phone, headlamp, camera or whatever essential gear is in your kit from the sun is a reality. It’s a little surreal, opening a solar panel, plugging in a phone, and watching as it starts to charge. The science behind solar is powerfully interesting:
- THE SOLAR POWER HOUSE - Nuclear fusion at the sun’s core creates energy, released in the form of light. The sun’s light takes an 8½ minute trip to the earth – even though we’re 93 million miles apart.
- ELECTRON PLAYGROUNDS - Solar panels contain two layers of carefully grown silicon slices with a uniform pathway in between. Energetic electrons in the negatively charged top layer are itching to jump to the positively charged bottom; all they need is a little push in the right direction.
- SUN SPONGES - Think of it like solar billiards. Visible and invisible light from the sun hits the top-layer electrons like a cue ball, and gives them the push they need to break loose and race toward the bottom layer, creating a current as they move.
- HERDING THE ELECTRON FLOW - Pathways created in the solar panels harness moving electrons, acting like a waterslide and forcing the energy where you want it.
- PLUGGING IN - An open solar panel is generating quite a bit of energy; the key is to harness that power and put it to good use. Placing a battery in the middle of the electron waterslide allows you to collect and store energy – which charges your battery.