INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FROM GOAL ZERO AIM TO ELIMINATE CONSUMER CHALLENGES WITHIN PORTABLE POWER AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
New Sherpa 50 and Goal Zero YETI 1250 Revealed at CES 2012 to Revolutionize On-the-Go and Back-Up Power
LAS VEGAS, January 10, 2012 – GOAL ZERO, an innovator of portable solar power systems, today introduced two landmark products to the portable power industry. The launch of the new Sherpa 50 Portable Recharger and the GOAL ZERO YETI 1250 Solar Generator at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas mark a major milestone for consumers looking to improve their experience while working or playing off the grid, as well as those seeking to secure the latest technology in emergency preparedness solutions.
Lightweight, Direct-to-Laptop Charging
• The new Sherpa 50 portable recharger, which was recently recognized by the CEA as CES Innovation Honoree for Portable Power, will change how consumers power vital devices like phones and laptops. Weighing only 14 oz. (0.9 lbs.), this latest, award-winning addition to the mid-size Sherpa line is less than half the load of its predecessor, yet it harnesses the same 50 watt hour power capacity. The most compact of the Sherpa line, the new Sherpa 50 truly represents on-the-go power, as it measures less than 5 inches on each side and is only 1 ½ inches thick, allowing it to easily fit in any bag or briefcase.
• It features a unique “Power Port” that will enable users to charge laptops directly from the recharger, thus eliminating the need for an AC inverter as well as the computer’s AC power cable. Instead, users will be able to plug their device directly into the Sherpa 50 using one of its included connector cables.
• In addition to the “Power Port,” the Sherpa 50 offers DC and AC (with inverter) outputs, as well as upgraded USB ports that now output 1A of power – enough to provide two extra hours of entertainment on an iPad or tablet device.
• The Sherpa 50 charges fully via solar panel in 5-10 hours or within 2-3 hours via wall outlet and can, in turn, power a smart phone for 10 hours; deliver 25 hours of jams on an iPod; and afford users a valuable, extra hour of life on a dying laptop when a traditional wall outlet is nowhere in sight.
Silent, Safe, Sustainable Trade-up Generator
• The Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator is Goal Zero’s highest capacity portable recharger to date and is the most easy to use, affordable, dependable and complete solution available for those looking to “trade-up” from their conventional gas-powered back-ups. The Goal Zero Yeti 1250 is a generating beast, standing 16 inches tall, 11.6 inches wide and 14.5 inches deep and weighing 103 lbs., and much like its namesake, the Goal Zero Yeti 1250 is extremely powerful, but rarely seen or heard.
• The Goal Zero Yeti 1250 not only features multiple ports so you can charge several devices at once, but it offers a variety of output types, including AC, 1.5 amp USB, 33amp 12V DC, 6.6 amp 12V DC, which are compatible with a wide array of electronics from GPS units to refrigerators. All the ports are easily activated with a flick of the master switch, but can also be micro-managed by power group to individually protect circuits.
• The Goal Zero Yeti 1250 charges fully in 20-22 hours via sun or in 16-20 hours via a wall outlet and in turn will power a laptop for 30+ hours; support a printer through 18,000+ pages of printing; keep a full sized refrigerator cold for two to four days straight and maintain subzero temperatures in a chest freezer for eight days! Furthermore, unlike traditional gas-fueled generators, the Yeti 1250 never produces more power than is being drawn from it, so users needn’t worry about wasting power or unnecessary maintenance.
“At Goal Zero, it’s not just about making an amazing product; it’s about the application of our products in consumers’ daily lives. We consistently strive to take out the complicated guess work of utilizing a solar unit and build simplicity in, so that we can deliver the most dependable and useful solutions to our customers,” said Joe Atkin, President of Goal Zero. “I think consumers will be eager to see the strides we have made with the new Sherpa 50 and Goal Zero Yeti 1250 as they are both not only some of our most advanced products to date, but they each address a major consumer need.”
The Sherpa 50 Portable Recharger will be available in June 2012 as a part of a number of full system kits or separately for $249.99. The Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator will be available in May 2012, both as a single unit ($1499.99) and as part of Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator Kit ($1999.99) which also includes two Boulder 30 solar panels and a carrying cart for the kit.
People of various lifestyles from outdoorsmen to photographers to soccer moms can continue to look forward to additional product releases from Goal Zero in 2012, such as their smallest and most affordable portable recharger yet – the Switch. Consisting of a small, but powerful 5 inch, cylindrical, lithium battery, the Switch will pump out 1.5 amps of power – enough to charge up an iPhone or kick-start an iPad – without a cord directly into users’ devices.
For further information about Goal Zero and its products, please visit www.goalzero.com or call us at 888-794-6250.
*Visit us at booth #70403 in the Sustainable Planet section of the Venetian Ballroom or at our outdoor space (#CP12) in the Central Plaza of the LVCC.
# # #
ABOUT GOAL ZERO
GOAL ZERO is an innovator of portable solar power systems that power a variety of devices – from cell phones to laptops and even refrigerators – anywhere and at any time. Providing a perfect blend of portability and power, Goal Zero products feature full solar energy systems –solar panels, portable rechargers and accessories – each designed to work in concert with each other. Goal Zero was founded by entrepreneur Robert Workman, who realized the need for portable power and light through his work with the non-profit organization TIFIE in the remote regions of the Republic of Congo. Goal Zero donates a portion of proceeds from all Goal Zero purchases to TIFIE (www.tifie.org), which is dedicated to empower people by establishing sustainable business enterprises that produce goods and services and create lasting jobs. For more information, please visit www.goalzero.com
Ashley Aberbach, Finn Partners for GOAL ZERO
firstname.lastname@example.org / 212-715-1524