- Q: Does the Nomad 7 Solar Panel hold a charge?
- A: No, the panel produces power only when exposed to sunlight. To generate the most power, angle the panel toward the sun. This improves your ability to collect power from the sun. Clouds and windows affect collection efficiency. If you would like to store power, combine the Nomad 7 with a Goal Zero recharger.
- Q: What can I charge directly from the Nomad 7 Solar Panel?
- A: USB and 12V devices like cellphones, GPS and iPods. You can plug in a 12V device and USB device at the same time, however, you will slow down the charge time for both devices.
- Q: Is the Nomad 7 Solar Panel waterproof?
- A: It is very weather-resistant and will not be harmed if exposed to rain or snow.
- Q: Why am I having trouble charging by cellphone from the Nomad 7 Solar Panel?
- A: Some phones require very specific and constant power. Try changing the angle of your panel and re-plugging in your phone. Most charging issues are overcome by incorporating a Goal Zero portable recharger.
- Q: Can I chain multiple solar panels together?
- A: Yes. Chaining additional solar panels is a great way to charge your device from the sun in less time. You can chain up to four solar panels at once.