- Q: Is the Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel Waterproof?
- A: The best answer: it’s weatherproof. We’ve gone to great lengths to ruggedize the Nomad 7 Plus; including beefing up the manufacturing process with advanced lamination techniques so it’ll slough off rain and snow. However, take care to keep the Junction Box dry and if it does get wet, allow it to completely dry before trying to charge.
- Q: Does the Nomad 7 Plus have a built-in battery?
- A: No. We made the Nomad 7 to be as modular and light-weight as possible, which means selling batteries as an optional accessory. You can either plug your phone or device directly into the Nomad 7 Plus, or pair it with one of our rechargers to store power for later (like at night or when you go inside).
- Q: Is this chainable with other Nomad panels?
- A: Technically, yes; however, we don’t recommend it. You can plug the Rapid Charge Cable into the chaining ports on version 2 and 3 of the Nomad 7. That being said, the increase in output would be incredibly minimal so you probably wouldn’t notice a significant difference.
- Q: How does the Solar Intensity Indicator work?
- A: Science. We can’t give away all our secrets. For real though, our engineers developed patent-pending electronic brains for the Nomad 7 Plus that ensures you have the best solar charging experience possible. Part of the electronics include an advanced current sensor (way better than a voltmeter) and unique maximum power point tracking (MPPT) charge controller to optimize the USB output. What you need to know is when conditions are right, you can plug a phone into the Nomad 7 Plus and charge it directly from the sun. You’ll know the conditions are right by checking out the Solar Intensity Indicator.